I’ve always had a thing for large attention grabbing key rings to add a bit of beauty to your keys. Having stylish keys has always been a bit of a must for me and I always try to have something gorgeous on the ring to add that bit of glamour. So when I came across a way to bedazzle my keys I had to give it a go. The verdict: It was fun, easy and really gave the keys a gorgeous touch. Everything needs a bit of glitter if you ask me.
To do it yourself you will need – the key(s) you want to bedazzle and the nail polish, glitter and top coat colour of your choice.
- clean off the key with warm water;
- choose where you want to paint (usually the top bubbly end) and put a piece of tape across (to get a nice straight line) I skipped this step, but if you would like a straight edge I recommend you tape it;
- choose your colour and paint one coat on one side of the key. Wait for it to dry (best to wait about an hour between each coat);
- repeat step three until you get the desired colour;
- leave to set (at least an hour);
- apply glitter polish to the area. repeat as needed. Leave to set for about 2 hours;
- apply the top coat and allow to dry overnight;
- repeat steps 2 to 7; and
- remove tape.