There is something about pink lips. No matter the season, no matter the occasion, no matter the shade, they look beautiful. Maybe it’s something about pink being a very feminine, kissable colour, it just works. It’s one of those shades I reach for all year round, whether I’m going out for lunch, shopping with my mum or a night on the town with the girls. It’s so versatile and glamorous. I love wearing pink to break up dark shaded outfits. It gives it that bounce of cheerfulness. Perfect to spruce up your look and accentuate your face when your outfit is dressed down. I picked up my latest shade ‘baby doll’ from Kmart for under $5 (and it’s long-lasting wear too). In my opinion, you can never go wrong with pink lippy.
Let me just say I am obsessed with glitter and sequins. I love how their sparkle can liven up almost anything and give it a new look. Recently I went to a fashion boutique in Paddington which featured a gorgeous vase that incorporated pretty bright flowers (fresh or fake) in a water bottle vase with a sparkle of sequins. It’s easy to do and it’s a real attention grabbing piece to add to any area of your home.
To do it yourself you will need : water bottle vase – under $5 at Ikea, a packet of sequins – available at most discount and craft stores less than $3 and a bunch of flowers – fresh or fake.
- Add the packet of sequins to the vase and fill the vase with water – close the lid and shake;
- Slowly empty the water holding your finger partly over the vase opening to ensure the sequins do not come away with the water;
- Once the water is emptied, close the lid and shake again to spread the sequins around;
- Finally, add your flowers and style as needed.
For months now, every time I walk into a chemist I see Caviar Pearls and often spend 10 minutes staring at them contemplating whether to purchase them or not. Every time I have come up with some sort of reason why I shouldn’t and manage to walk away. However, today I was looking for something ‘funky’ to go with my outfit for a work lunch I have on tomorrow at C’est Bon a lovely french restaurant in Stanley Street, Woolloongabba. As soon as I saw Caviar Pearls they made the cut. I couldn’t wait to get home and give them a go and to my surprise they were really simple to apply. They look amazing and although they only last up to 48 hours they are incredibly stylish. Paired with a simple black dress, they will create the perfect balance of sophisticated style and fun. My all time favouriate mix.
You can purchase Caviar Pearls at most chemists and beauty stores.
- Apply one coat of base colour and let dry completely;
- Working on one nail at a time, add another coat of base colour and pour pearls onto nails (make sure you keep something under your finger to catch the pearls that fall);
- Wait 30 seconds then press the pearls into your nail;
- Repeat steps 2 and 3;
- Apply a cover of top coat nail polish; and
- Allow to dry completely for 10 – 20 minutes.